Happiness is something that comes from within. We shouldn’t depend on another person to define our personal happiness. However, we all feel out of sorts from time to time. Here are my suggestions to invoke happiness during those times.
- Willingness to surrender: You must be willing to surrender whatever situation, circumstance, or feeling is stealing your happiness.
- Smile/Laugh: Laughter is like medicine for our souls. Find something to smile/laugh about! Think about a funny memory. I’m sure it will bring a smile to your face.
- Exercise: Get up and get moving! Endorphins, which are structurally similar to the drug morphine, are considered natural painkillers because they activate opioid receptors in the brain that help minimize discomfort, says Matthews. They can also help bring about feelings of euphoria and general well-being. “
- High Frequency Music: Words, music, our consciousness, our body, indeed the entire universe is nothing more than vibration of energy. Music can effect hormones and can even trigger a release of endorphins – feel good chemicals
- Meditate: Meditate on love, gratitude, and happiness this will increase your feelings of warmth, kindness, self care, and care for others.
- Get some Sunlight: For some this may seem a bit odd or unorthodox. The Sun is thought to increase the release of a hormone called serotonin in the brain. A lack of exposure to the Sun can cause a dip in serotonin levels. In turn, lower levels of serotonin are believed to be associated with a higher risk of depression.
What are your tips for instant, or for staying happy? Jump in the comments and let me know I’d love to hear from you!