December was rough! I let myself sink into the winter blues for nearly 30 days YIKES. Winter is usually a rough season for me. I wasn’t the least bit surprised when seasonal depression showed up at my doorstep. I was a bit surprised at how easily I welcomed this enemy of joy as if it were an old friend.
Wellness, it’s what I preach, teach, and claim to live by right?! Truth is nobody is perfect we all fall short on a daily basis. The important thing is being present (life comes at you fast) and realizing what is happening and when you need to seek help from outside sources.
For the past 6 years or so I use January as my time unplug and reset. A 21 day fast to lift me out that sunken place and time away from social media to reset and refocus. I logged of completely, I didn’t open my planner, I ate a raw food diet, no sweets, and put the wine glasses away. I put my health and wellness first submerged myself into my meditation practice, time in nature (even though I despise the cold temps), and lots of self care.
- focus- I had an increase in focus, concentration, and staying on task
- creativity- trying to create something from an unhealthy state of mine yuck it sucks! after this 21 day fast I’ve been able to create from a space of healing and a desire to help others
- just because you don’t post it on social media doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and I’ve been able to curb my endless scrolling using that time + energy relearning self
- control- it’s okay to live in the moment no plans no control just be
- body- my body feels amazing, lighter and healthier
- insight-the sun will shine again